The Cradle Coast Visitor Information
Welcome to The Cradle Coast!
The Cradle Coast is a region located in the northwest of Tasmania, Australia. It is a popular tourist destination, known for its stunning natural beauty, rich history, and exciting activities.
There are plenty of accommodation options available in The Cradle Coast, ranging from budget-friendly to luxury. Visitors can choose to stay in hotels, motels, apartments, B&Bs, or campsites. Some of the popular options include:
- Cradle Mountain Hotel
- Coastal Pods Wynyard
- Cradle Forest Inn
- Discovery Parks - Cradle Mountain
Things to Do
There are plenty of activities to keep visitors busy in The Cradle Coast:
- Explore Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park
- Take a scenic drive along the coastline
- Visit Sheffield town and view the murals
- Take a stroll at the Devonport Bluff beach
- Learn about the history of the region at Burnie Regional Museum
There are many restaurants and cafes in The Cradle Coast, offering a variety of cuisines to suit every taste. Seafood is a popular choice, given the region's proximity to the ocean. Some of the popular options include:
- Henry's Restaurant, Burnie
- Barrington Bistro, Sheffield
- The Point Revolving Restaurant, Devonport
- Tandy's Ale House, Wynyard
The Cradle Coast is located approximately 310km northwest of Hobart and 140km west of Launceston. The region can be accessed by car via the Bass Highway, or by air via the Devonport Airport.
Plan Your Visit
The best time to visit The Cradle Coast is during the summer months (December - February) when the weather is warm and dry. However, the region is stunning year-round, so visitors can plan a trip at any time of the year. It is recommended to book accommodation and activities in advance, especially during peak season.
We hope you enjoy your visit to The Cradle Coast!